Board shape: The Rant is shaped to provide stability when paddling into the lineup, speed when driving down the line and ultimate maneuverability when turning edge-to-edge and carving waves. The Rant’s swallowtail design gives the board a snappy feel and helps maintain speed in mushy or small conditions, while a kicked-up nose allows for steep, late drops without pearling and an easier paddle out through white water. The bottom-shape progresses from flat underfoot to a V-Spine toward the back, resulting in a board that tracks well in calm water and carves nicely in the surf. The board comes stock with a three-fin FCS pack, but is configured with five fin boxes to gives riders the ability to configure their board in several ways – single fin, twin fin, thruster, quad fin or five fin.
Board construction: The Rant is built with a proprietary Wood Veneer Sandwich Construction, which controls durability and flex and creates a light and impact resistant board. It comes equipped with a full cockpit-length EVA pad for traction, a vent plug to manually equalize internal pressure due to heat and atmospheric pressure changes and five FCS fins (a 4.5” center fin and two 5.25” asymmetrical side fins).
- Tackle any break with a board designed for serious SUP surfing
- Less pearling, easier paddle out with the Rant’s scooped nose
- Stay straight: The Rant tracks exceptionally well thanks to fin configuration, V-Spine bottom and tucked rail
- Customizable fin configuration with five fin boxes
- Light weight construction means less yank when you crash in the waves