The Refraction is a solid all-around board designed to shred every condition on the planet, and take a major beating in the process. With a versatile rocker profile, it can hold its own in chop, swell and rough conditions, as well as flat water freestyle. The rocker and tip/tail shape yield great load and pop, big airs and cushy landings, while the inverted tip and tail profile prevents catching an edge during presses. The Refraction comes with wake fins for a more freestyle/wakestyle feel, but can easily be changed to standard fins for more grip and upwind drive.
Slingshot team rider Sam Light is a globetrotting master of all conditions, and he designed his signature pro model to be the only board he needs, no matter where he’s going. Whether he’s competing for the coveted Triple-S crown (which he has won four years straight), Magalooping at the King of the Air, freeriding in the nuclear winds of Hood River or cruising the cable park on a windless day, the Refraction is Sam’s Swiss Army knife.
- Built for competition-level kicker, slider and wakestyle riding
- Extra thick Durasurf base can take a major beating
- Medium rocker, stiff flex dialed for hard-charging riders
- Solid crossover cable park board
- Tip and tail channels allow smooth pressing and clean release
- Lively and durable wood-core construction with urethane rail